Business Valuation Services
NEO Business Advisors offers business valuation services coupled with industry expertise to anyone considering selling a manufacturing, industrial B2B service, or distribution business. Services include business valuations, exit strategies, brokerage services and many other subjects related to the sale or purchase of a business.
Understanding What Your Business is Worth
A Broker’s Opinion of Value (BOV) is a special limited appraisal or business valuation used to estimate the economic value of an owner’s interest in a business. A BOV is a broker’s opinion of what a business may sell for, based upon his/her personal analysis, industry expertise, knowledge of local markets and lending, and comparable past sales.
Why use a Broker's Opinion of Value?
An experienced business broker should be able to deliver a Broker’s Opinion of Value that articulates a realistic Most Probable Sales Price (MPSP) range. The BOV provides a business seller with expectations on what the business may sell for, given the intended pool of potential buyers, at that given time. BOV’s are performed by Professional Business Brokers and are not a formal business valuation as performed by a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Business Appraiser (CBA). However, since Business Brokers are the most in tune with the current market and interact daily with buyers and sellers, a BOV gives a business owner the most realistic expectation as to what their business is worth and what their business will sell for in today's market!
Who conducts a Broker's Opinion of Value?
A Broker’s Opinion of Value through NEO Business Advisors is conducted by Nick Fares who is professionally educated and trained by the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA) and has over a decade of industry expertise. Nick is a member in good standing of the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA), the Ohio Business Brokers Association (OBBA) and the Northern Ohio Business Brokers Association (NOBBA).
What is Needed for a Business Valuation?
After an initial consultation, we will need the following information to review in the preparation of a Broker’s Opinion of Value (BOV) Report.
- Company Name – Name of Legal Entity
- Company Address – Physical Address and Mailing Address (if different from physical address)
- Shareholders – Names and % Ownership Shares of All Owners/Shareholders
- Industry – Industry Description/NAICS Code
- Tax Returns – Most recent 3 years of Business Tax Returns
- Profit and Loss (P&L) Statements – Most recent 3 years of P&L Statements and a Current YTD P&L Statement
- Balance Sheets – Most recent 3 years of Balance Sheets and a Current YTD Balance Sheet
- Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FF&E) List – machinery, vehicles, office equipment (computers, desks, chairs, phones, printers), etc. with associated estimated fair market value for each (not book value or depreciated value, but an estimated replacement value for a like piece of equipment or sale price value if you sold each item)
- Inventory/Work In Process List (INV/WIP) – any inventory and raw materials (at cost), and any Work in Process, if applicable (at cost for materials and labor)
Contact NEO Business Advisors today to discuss your business valuation needs.
Schedule a Call Today!
At NEO Business Advisors, we look forward to speaking with you about your business needs. Click the Calendar Link below to schedule a FREE, No-Obligation, 30-minute consultation with an expert today.
NEO Business Advisors, holds all conversations confidentially.
NEO Business Advisors specializes in manufacturing, industrial B2B service, and distribution businesses in Northeast Ohio.